Voting by Absentee Ballot | Village of Chenequa, Wisconsin
Village of Chenequa Seal: Pine Trees beside Lake with Young Lady
Village of Chenequa

  • Bookmark and Share
  • Voting by Absentee Ballot


    Any qualified elector who is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on Election Day may submit a request to vote an absentee ballot to their municipal clerk.  A qualified elector is any U.S. citizen who:

    • will be 18 years of age or older on Election Day
    • who has resided in the ward or municipality where they wish to vote for a at least 28 consecutive days before the election.

    The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot.  Proof of identification must be provided before an absentee ballot may be issued.

    Making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail

    Contact your municipal clerk and request that an application for an absentee ballot be sent to you for the primary or election or both.  You may make written application to your municipal clerk for an absentee ballot by mail, by fax, by email or at  Or you may apply in person at the clerk’s office during the In-Person Absentee Voting Period listed below.

    Your written request must include:

    • your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote
    • the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different from the address above your signature
    • a copy of your photo identification*

    The deadline for making application to receive an absentee ballot by mail is:

    – 5:00 p.m. on the fifth day before the election, August 8.

    To read more:

    Absentee Voting in the Clerks Office

    Couldn't find what you were looking for?

    Try our Frequently Asked Questions page, or try a different search using the form below.


    VILLAGE OF CHENEQUA  •  31275 W County Road K  •  CHENEQUA WI 53029

    OFFICE HOURS:  Monday • Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm  •  Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm

    VILLAGE HALL  (262) 367-2239  •  Fax (262) 367-3341  •  POLICE DEPARTMENT  911 or (262) 367-2145

    AFTER HOURS POLICE  911 or (262) 446-5070 (WCC Dispatch Center)