Village Hall, Photo by Lauren Hanaman
In the event of a power outage, please contact We Energies.
- Call We Energies at 800-662-4797.
- Protect food from spoiling by keeping freezer and refrigerator doors closed as much as possible. Food stays frozen up to 48 hours if the door is not opened frequently.
- Follow manufacturers’ directions for safe operation of generators.
- Use manual operation of electric garage doors.
- Keep doors, windows and drapes closed to prevent heat loss in cool weather. Gas furnaces have electric blowers that do not work during an outage.
- Switch on a light that can be seen from the street if you leave your home. Our crews often look for lights when checking neighborhoods.
- Stay out of a flooded basement. It can be dangerous if power is restored.
- Stay away from any power line that is down — and anything touching it. Call We Energies at 800-662-4797 to report it.