Board of Review is scheduled for Tuesday, June 6th 2017, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the Board Room of the Municipal Building, 31275 W County Road K. Appointments are required. You must complete and turn in the following forms 48 hours prior to the first meeting of the Board of Review: Notice of Intent to File, Objection and Objection for Real Property Assessment.
These forms are located below.
Notice of Assessments
Starting Monday March 6th, 2017 staff from Tyler Technologies will be doing field property reassessing. Notice of Assessments will be sent out between April 10-17th 2017.
Open Book Meeting Dates
Open Book dates are set for April 26th and May 3rd from 3:00-6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Municipal Building, 31275 W County Road K. Appointments are required.
The Board of Review is a quasi-judicial body made up of the Village President, Village Clerk-Treasurer, and two Trustees.
- Members of the Board of Review sit as judges to hear the evidence presented
- Board Members may not have any ex-parte contact
- The Board does not independently set valuation
- The Board does not do-over the work of the Assessor
- The Board cannot substitute their judgment or idea of value for the Assessor’s opinion
- The Board cannot change any value fixed by the Assessor, except upon sworn oral testimony produced for that purpose
- The Board shall correct all errors in description and computations
- The Board may subpoena witnesses, if necessary
- The Board makes decisions based on evidence presented by persons under oath
- The Board is not an assessing body
- The Board’s function is not of valuation
- The Board is bound to accept the Assessor’s assessment as correct unless there is competent sworn testimony not contradicted by other evidence that proves the assessment to be incorrect.
Helpful Links and Guides for Property Owners
Notice of Intent to File Objection with Board of Review
Department of Revenue – Filing Objections / Forms
Objection Form for Real Property Assessment
2017 Property Assessment Appeal Guide for WI Real Property Owners
2017 Guide for Property Owners