Notice of Assessments will be sent out by Wednesday, April 13th.
Open Book will be held on April 28th and May 4th from 3:00 – 6:00 PM in the Board Room of the Municipal Building, 31275 W County Road K. Appointments are required. Please contact Assessor Mark Link of Tyler Technologies to schedule an appointment 800-800-2581 ext. 1634.
Board of Review is scheduled for Wednesday, June 7th from 9:00 – 11:00 AM in the Board Room of the Municipal Building, 31275 W County Road K. Property owners are encouraged to meet with the assessor at Open Book before filing an objection form with the clerk. Deadline for forms to be filed (Notice of Intent to File Objection with Board of Review and Objection Form for Real Property Assessment) is 48 hours before the Board of Review meets. Click on these links for additional information:
2016 Preliminary Property Assessed Values by Parcel Number
2016 Preliminary Property Assessed Values by Location
2016 Property Assessment Appeal Guide for WI Real Property Owners
2016 Guide for Property Owners
Board of Review “Basics”
The Board of Review is a quasi-judicial (court-like) body made up of the Village President, Village Clerk-Treasurer, and two Trustees.
- Members of the Board of Review sit as judges to hear the evidence presented
- Board Members may not have any ex-parte contact
- The Board does not independently set valuation
- The Board does not do-over the work of the Assessor
- The Board cannot substitute their judgment or idea of value for the Assessor’s opinion
- The Board cannot change any value fixed by the Assessor, except upon sworn oral testimony produced for that purpose
- The Board shall correct all errors in description and computations
- The Board may subpoena witnesses, if necessary
- The Board makes decisions based on evidence presented by persons under oath
- The Board is not an assessing body
- The Board’s function is not of valuation
- The Board is bound to accept the Assessor’s assessment as correct unless there is competent sworn testimony not contradicted by other evidence that proves the assessment to be incorrect